Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An "easy" wreath...

I say easy...
And I mean easy because you only need 3, scratch that, 4 things!

1st is some crepe paper.  
I bought mine at JJWD for only $1.19 for 2 rolls.
I used 3 rolls.


2nd  is a piece of cardboard 
Cut into the shape of a heart. 
It doesn't need to be scientific.  Your flowers will hide any imperfections!

3rd thing is A LOT of glue sticks.
I bought mine at JJWD.
You get 20 for $1.00!!  
So buy extra...you will need them!


I wrapped my heart with crepe paper.  ( just so you couldn't see the brown cardboard)


Next is the fun part (not really)
Cut strips of paper.  Wrinkle them up. Unfold them. Fold over one edge. And start wrapping and gluing.
I found the instructions and Tutorial is here!
Much more detailed than I just gave you!


Be prepared to burn your fingers a time or two!!


The 4th thing you need is some DVR'ed entertainment.
I had 4 episodes of Tori and Dean.


It took a little longer than I thought...
But it was worth it!
I loved how it turned out!!


Pin It

3 comments:

Adam and Dev said...

That wreath is super cute! Great job!

Jo Lane said...

I just happened to stumble across your blog and I am so glad I did!!! This is just too cute! I love anything Fashion, Beauty, inspirational & DIY. I have made a few things on my blog, but it is just a mixture of a bunch of stuff.

lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

Hopefully you can check it out sometime and we can follow each other :)

Ryan Axel said...

Wow!! This is looking really nice and worthy!!
Great job and Thanks for sharing your awesome idea!!
Confidence Booster